A decaffeinated coffee worthy of a great specialty coffee. The caramel and cookie/pastry flavors are powerful, with a hint of citrus leaving a sweet and pleasant finish.
AN INNOVATIVE AND NATURAL PROCESS
This coffee is decaffeinated directly on site by Colombian producers, using a completely innovative technique. Rather than using traditional techniques such as decaffeination with methylene chloride or with water, a derivative of sugar cane is used: ethyl acetate.
- Green coffee is steamed for 30 minutes to open the pores of the coffee, making it easier to extract the caffeine.
- the coffee is placed in a bath of water and ethyl acetate, a famous derivative of sugar cane by fermentation.
- The caffeine is "captured" by the solution, as the solution naturally binds to the chlorogenic acid salts in coffee.
- The process is repeated several times for about 8 hours, then the coffee is steamed again to clean it from all traces of ethyl acetate.
- All you have to do is dry the coffee and prepare it for roasting!